cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StueyG
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 23

Re: Website access via HomeHub

Hmmm - the Wifi-FON wireless network isn't showing up on my laptop.

I may have an old hub at work - I will check and update the thread here (probably Thurs or Friday).

Many thanks for all your help so far!

0 Ratings
StueyG
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 23

Hi Keith

Sorry for the delay in updating.  I couldn't find a different hub to try, but connecting via the WIFI/FON worked no problem!

I have since carried out another facotry reset on the hub - which worked OK yesterday, but this afternoon the same problem occurred - this time with loading up twitter on our normal wifi connection (OK via 3G or FON).  The BT mydonate page is also no longer accessible - but still works via the FON route.

I guess I need to contact BT about getting a replacement router as the one I have seems to have a fault?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 23

You could ask for a replacement router if you are still in contract, otherwise you can get a third party router which works well, for about £35. You can return it if it does not fix the problem.

If you are not in a contract, then BT will insist you renew your contract, to get a replacement home hub. You will also have to pay postage.

BT Wifi/FON is an open network, and takes a different route, so it could be an authentication issue within your home hub.

0 Ratings