cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Website access

Following a recent update I am unable to directly enter any web address. How do I now do this without going via Google, which does not always provide the required option?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Website access

Update to what?

What browser are you using and have you tried another one?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Change was by BT to their home page when logging on. I only use the BT site with access to Google for searches.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

I haven't heard of anyone else having such a problem, how many machines are you having this problem with

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

I only have one laptop. Before change I was able to use https:// address line, deleting the address and inserting my own requirement. It now seems to be locked and will not accept changes.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

I suspect that's a problem with your machine, post an example URL if you want to and I'll try it but, as I said earlier, I think there would be many more people asking that question if it was a general fault

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Hi @grahamspooner what web broswer are you using on your laptop to access the internet and have you tried an alternative? 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Not sure what you mean by browser. Apart from BT for access I have only ever used Microsoft in various versions for all other purposes. The current change uses Microsoft Edge and the problem probably occurred when this was put in. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

I do not know what you mean by "example URL" nor do I know how to post it. I do not think that this is getting anywhere and suggest we drop it. I will try elsewhere. Many thanks Graham.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

A web browser is the program you use to access websites, Microsoft Edge in your case. URL is a website address, for example this page is https://community.bt.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/OtherBB/message-id/186091

Have you tried a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox?

0 Ratings