cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Website being blocked?

I have been having some odd problems with the Apple ID website (appleid.apple.com) - problems which go away instantly when I use 4G or a proxy, suggesting that my ISP (BT) is the problem.

The problems were with the website's Two Factor Authentication - the website simply never sent me an activation code. I tried using Firefox & Chrome on Android, Chrome, Firefox, and Edge on Windows 7 and 10, and eventually got Apple's Support on the case.

Support had me access the website via 4G which worked straight away. I also tried using a proxy on my desktop PC which also worked, clearly indicating that the problem is with BT.

But how can BT possibly be affecting a website like this? I do not have parental controls or any filtering activated, so I am a bit baffled. Using a proxy is not a great deal of bother, but I really shouldn't have to.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: Website being blocked?

I don't think it's a BT problem, I just tried it myself and I didn't get a verification code either so I clicked the resend link again and again and..... (you get the picture) using different browsers.

Now I get a message telling me that too many verification codes have been sent, I've no idea where they sent them but I haven't got one of them 

EDIT:

I then went to Settings ->{My Name} ->Password & Security ->Get Verification Code on my iPad, received the code (on my iPad) immediately and entered it into my PC and got access.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Well, if you're having the same problem it is definitely a BT issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

I see where you're coming from but I was also using my BT connection when I got the verification code on my iPad

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Yes, but when you do it direct from an iPhone or iPad it doesn't use HTTPS.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings