cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beckers007
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Website blocked by Parental Controls

Hi there, I have tried to access a website that I use at work and it is blocked due to parental controls.

I have added to safe list and waited and this hasnt worked, and I have now turned off parental controls altogether and I still get the blocked message.  Says due to filters on parental control.

Can anyone help?

The site I am trying to access is easy-hide-ip.com

Thanks in advance

Beckers

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Website blocked by Parental Controls

Any changes you make, can take up to two hours to take effect.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 11

@Beckers007 wrote:

Hi there, I have tried to access a website that I use at work and it is blocked due to parental controls.

I have added to safe list and waited and this hasnt worked, and I have now turned off parental controls altogether and I still get the blocked message.  Says due to filters on parental control.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Beckers

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Is it still a problem, or has the info from Keith given the solution ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

I'm having exactly the same problem. I've had the parental controls turned off for several days. Have tried different browsers, cleared my cache, reset my router and still I'm being told that sites are blocked by PArental Controls, even though they are turned off. 

It's any site that hides your IP or offers VPn or Proxy services. Anyone would think BT had an ulterior motive.

Utterly unaccepatable.

0 Ratings
Rottie
Expert
Message 5 of 11

@Beckers007 wrote:

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Beckers

That site's working fine here, although I am not using BT's DNS servers; I'm using OpenDNS, which may or may not have something to do with it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

working fine using BT DNS
0 Ratings
Hendrado
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

I too am having a similar issue. Morrisons.com is not working on any device and nor does the app work on the iPad. It continually says blocked by parental controls. Reset HH5 and devices as well as cache... No change. Phoned BT, chocolate teapot comes to mind. Just some sort of response would be good.
0 Ratings
Big_Mac
Message 8 of 11

@Beckers007 wrote:

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Beckers

search at blocked.org.uk reveals that BT is deliberatly blocking easy-hide-ip.com (and that five other UK ISPs are also blocking it).

I signed up to this forum specifically to complain about another website that BT has decided to censor.

Good luck getting them to unblock your website.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

no sign of any blocking here site working fine
0 Ratings
Rottie
Expert
Message 10 of 11

Working here, too - See screenie below. (Not using parental controls here)

Easy-Hide.jpg

0 Ratings