Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tm17
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Weird Website login issue

Hi

i have a strange issue which I'm hoping some might be able to help with.  I often use [ Warehouse ] - **Edited** however when I try to log into this site when on my home bt broadband every time I enter my password it says my password is incorrect. If I turn off my wifi on my phone and use 4G and log into the same site with same password it works fine.

ive tried on home wifi using iPad, iPhone, iMac, windows laptop. I've tried safari, chrome, Firefox all face the same issue when using wifi/broadband at home.  I don't face the same issue if I try to login from work.  I tried deleting cookies etc etc nothing works. 

its like some is being blocked by home bt connection but I can't figure out what.  I've checked the router isn't blocking anything and it's not. Is it possible something at BT could be blocked? We have BT Infinity.

Any suggestions on on what to check would be appreciated. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Weird Website login issue

do you have parental controls enabled?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dgw1
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Could it be the web server is blocking the connection?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

more likely hub especially if parental controls are active  need to check 'my bt' and see if active there

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
tm17
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

No kids so no parental controls. I sent a query to the website help, the person who replied said they had faced similar issues themselves in the past but the person wasn't technical so wasn't able to provide any further advice. Will keep investigating.

0 Ratings
PheeragHfre
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

Perhaps you are using different Character encodings between client(s) and website, thus altering the form  ouput? 

"I have this awful feeling someone is watching every move I make (one of my pet hates is router location tagging)." Marvin (A paranoid Android)
0 Ratings