cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wishbone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

What is my BT broadband username and password?

My BT broadband has just been activated today. I received the emails saying my broadband and phone line are ready. I didn't order the BT Homehub router as I like my existing setup (TP Link TD8817 modem and ASUS RTN66U router). But I've been trying to get my existing modem and router to connect to BT broadband but it just won't do it.

I tried the following username and password combos with no success:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com, BT
bthomehub@btbroadband.com with no password
(my first name).(my last name)@btbroadband.com, BT
My BT ID (which is also my email), my BT login password

None of them worked.

Can anybody tell me what could be possibly wrong?

Up until today, I have been on Zen Broadband using the same modem and router setup with no problems. And before I was on Zen Broadband, I was on Xilo for a whole year with exactly the same modem and router setup, with no problems either.
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: What is my BT broadband username and password?

bthomehub@btbroadband.com, BT  that is the standard username and password

are you sure it has been activated - it could be later today

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
wishbone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

P.S. when I got through to an Indian call centre for tech support, they insist that the login id must be (my first name).(my last name)@btbroadband.com and the password must be BT. But thats not working.

When I got through to British Customer support, they told me that I would need to order a Homehub router and use the password printed on a sticker at the back of the router to connect to BT broadband and that I should only use the BT Homehub router from now on!

I am so confused. I just want this to work. But even the customer service agents are telling me two different things.
0 Ratings
wishbone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Crossposted with you imjolly... but I shall wait till tomorrow to see if the problem is fixed then.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

are you getting fibre or adsl?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
wishbone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Adsl.
0 Ratings
phadyz
Message 7 of 13

Have you solved this?
I also need to know my BT username and password.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

@phadyz wrote:
Have you solved this?

why do you need this.  for router or email or something else

0 Ratings
wishbone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Hi Phadyz, yes the problem just resolved after waiting a few days or so. I did not have to change anything that I did. Just reconnected my modem one day and it worked. I think BT just had to take a longer time than initially promised to get it sorted. Some of these things are stuff they have to do at their end. I had similar problems when I was with Xilo and they fixed it on their end without having to visit me. They told me they had to send requests, TTB, etc. and that I would have to wait a day or so before problem fixed. Well I'll have to dig out that email from Xilo again to see it. A lot of these tech terminology are Greek to me but the Xilo guy always explained it via email even if I didn't really understand half of this.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

@phadyz wrote:
Have you solved this?

@If you are connecting a router the username is bthomehub@btinternet.com (it can actually be anything you want prior to @btinternet.com) you do not need a password unless your router asks for one in which case you can make it anything you want.

0 Ratings