cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Letmeboogey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

What speeds do people get

What fibre broadband speeds are people on exchange only lines getting ? What about those 2.2 to 2.6 km from the exchange.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: What speeds do people get

A rough guide is shown here. That is on a perfect line in perfect conditions so I would expect you may get less than what is shown. The only way to tell is to run an estimate check https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ using your phone number even then it my be slightly off.

EDIT: Just noticed that you have already been given this information in this thread that you started.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Queries/Bt-infinity/m-p/1468835#M106075

FTTC-speed-distance-graph.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Letmeboogey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

The reason I am asking is that I am currently getting 14.8mb from what bt state I should get between 10mb to 15.5mb and thinking if I am getting a decent speed on normal broadband then I would get better on fibre.

I have read most of Cambridgeshire 95% will get fibre by 2015 so if Bt state they class 24mb as super fast then what does less than 20mb mean ?

My street is the only street in the whole development in this part of the village that is connected directly to the exchange. Where as everyone else is connected to the cabinets just a few yards up the road. So how do I complain ? And who to ? Does anyone have contact details?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

It is Openreach who supply and maintain the network and they will not move people from exchange only lines to cabinets also they will not deal directly with the public only the ISP's
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

if you currently get 14/15mb then that is about 2/2.3km from the exchnage and if you are on EO line then that will be the distance from the street cabinet.  using the chart posted by gg30340 shows a speed of <20mb on fibre

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings