cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: What wiring and boxes can I remove from home?

The copper wires shouldn't be going into the CSP, that is purely a splicing point between the external and internal fibres. The CSP housing has possibly been used unconventionally to also joint the internal and external copper lines.

Can you post a photo of the inside of the CSP?

Message 12 of 15

Thanks @licquorice for getting me to open the CSP! From what it looks like to me is that the old cables have all been disconnected and tied off already (wires to the bottom right of the CSP) and the external wiring just left on the outside of the house. There is actually only 1 wire going in and 1 going out that is attached and that is the FTTP.

So it seems to me that I can just remove everything I want to safely as it's already been disconnected but wires were left where they were as that was easier/not part of the job of setting the FTTP up.

IMG_7939 (1).png IMG_7938.png

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

No, it's as I suspected, the internal cabling has been crimped to the external cable just using the CSP housing to hide the crimps.

Message 14 of 15

I understand. So can I just disconnect/"uncrimp" them and remove the wiring that goes into the house? Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

The newer CSP, as per the one in the OP’s pics are designed to house both a Fibre and Copper Connection.

Its was only the older CSP’s used for BFT that were for Fibre only.