Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Brendan2
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

WhatsApp images do not download or send on BT Home Wifi

Go to solution

A few months ago WhatsApp stopped being able to send or download images while connected to BT Wifi.

The issue applies to:

• iPhone 6
  • Sony Xperia Z3
  • Window 10 (WhatsApp for Web)

I have re-installed WhatsApp, I have disabled SmartWireless and set my homehub to b/g/n on a single channel.  Nothing works.

WhatsApp works fine on any other wifi (even BT FON), or on mobile data.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Brendan2
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: WhatsApp images do not download or send on BT Home Wifi

Go to solution

SOLVED.

BT replaced my HH3B with a HH3A.  I understand the HH3A has its own issues, but currently my Netflix and WhatsApp are back and working ok.

FYI I contact BT live chat, phone support, twitter and this forum.  The only help I got was from this forum. Dont waste your time with the other support channels, they were comically bad.

0 Ratings
Brendan2
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Update:

While Netflix & WhatsApp access has been restored, the HomeHub 3A is poor.  I have to regularly restart it as it becomes non-responsive.  Other devices on the wifi network can still talk, but the internet connection drops and the HomeHub does not respond to pings.

2 steps forward, one step back Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
Brendan2
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

So I am now back on my HH3B which has a reliable wifi connection, but no Netflix or WhatsApp.

So BT have managed to prove the netflix/whatsapp issue is with their equipment, but I am no closer to a solution.

BT, please help! 

0 Ratings
Brendan2
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I gave up on BT and ordered a basic Wifi router on Amazon for £30.  Everthing works now.

Both the HH3A and HH3B have gone in the trash!

0 Ratings
jab789
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

After trying a million and one different things to resolve this issue, I realised that simply changing the DNS address from the default BT one, to a manual one on my phone resolved this issue for me. I used Google's 8.8.8.8 DNS address.  

0 Ratings