cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
376 Views
Message 21 of 32

Re: When will the new BT.com portal go live?


pottyperson wrote:

Experimented on my HTC (standard browser). I get the same result as on my laptop - bt.com for old page, home.bt.com for the new one.


Eh? So you click on bt.com and it redirects to home.bt.com?

 

Just tried on an android based tablet and this also goes to bt.com only.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
372 Views
Message 22 of 32

Re: When will the new BT.com portal go live?


DS wrote:

pottyperson wrote:

Experimented on my HTC (standard browser). I get the same result as on my laptop - bt.com for old page, home.bt.com for the new one.


Eh? So you click on bt.com and it redirects to home.bt.com?

 

Just tried on an android based tablet and this also goes to bt.com only.


No, that only happens with FF, which can't access the old page because it automatically diverts. All the other browsers can get either page.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
372 Views
Message 23 of 32

Re: When will the new BT.com portal go live?


pottyperson wrote:

DS wrote:

pottyperson wrote:

Experimented on my HTC (standard browser). I get the same result as on my laptop - bt.com for old page, home.bt.com for the new one.


Eh? So you click on bt.com and it redirects to home.bt.com?

 

Just tried on an android based tablet and this also goes to bt.com only.


No, that only happens with FF, which can't access the old page because it automatically diverts. All the other browsers can get either page.


Well I'm stumped thenSmiley Sad

 

FF and IE - bt.com goes to bt.com

Manually typing home.bt.com goes to home.bt.com

clicking on bt.com after going to the above goes to bt.com

 

(fwiw i'm on adsl....Smiley Indifferent)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
HHGTTG
Expert
367 Views
Message 24 of 32

Re: When will the new BT.com portal go live?

Yes of course I get it when I type it into my browser! Not when I access by.com stored on 'Favorites'. Therefore now have home.bt com stored.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
364 Views
Message 25 of 32

Re: When will the new BT.com portal go live?


DS wrote:

Well I'm stumped thenSmiley Sad


Yeah, we have similar set-ups with similar results, except that I get an auto divert on FF only. Can't think of anything I might have done to make it do that.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
HHGTTG
Expert
361 Views
Message 26 of 32

Re: When will the new BT.com portal go live?

But as someone said earlier, it hasn't gone live yet.
0 Ratings
jfsfoster
Contributor
344 Views
Message 27 of 32

Re: When will the new BT.com portal go live?

I've bookmarked www.home.bt.com in Chrome and IE 10. Plus made it my homepage in both. I notice that BT have switched to Google from Yahoo for the search box. The BT Mail service is around the corner. 

I would like a little settings icon, so I can change what types of content I see on the homepage. ie I'm interested in business news, but not interested in what Kim Kardashian wore to go shopping this afternoon.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
331 Views
Message 28 of 32

Re: When will the new BT.com portal go live?


pottyperson wrote:

DS wrote:

Well I'm stumped thenSmiley Sad


Yeah, we have similar set-ups with similar results, except that I get an auto divert on FF only. Can't think of anything I might have done to make it do that.


Must be a case of someone needing to flick a switch....

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
329 Views
Message 29 of 32

Re: When will the new BT.com portal go live?


jfsfoster wrote:

I've bookmarked www.home.bt.com in Chrome and IE 10. Plus made it my homepage in both. I notice that BT have switched to Google from Yahoo for the search box. The BT Mail service is around the corner. 

I would like a little settings icon, so I can change what types of content I see on the homepage. ie I'm interested in business news, but not interested in what Kim Kardashian wore to go shopping this afternoon.


You can submit feedback on the new home.bt.com

 

I've copied this if you want to comment

 

We really hope you like the new BT.com and find it useful. If you want to find out more about what the new site has to offer, please take our tour

We’d also love to hear what you think, so if you want to get in touch please contact us here.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
325 Views
Message 30 of 32

Re: When will the new BT.com portal go live?

At present there is not a function to customise your homepage like you can do with the existing btyahoo


If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings