cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Which BT Hub to use with new BT whole home Wi-fi discs

Hi all. 

I have just bought a trio of BT whole home Wi-fi discs and would like to know which hardware would be best to use with this setup.  

1. Hub 4 with open reach modem (using at the moment)

2. Smart hub 

3 Smart hub 2

I am Using option 1 at the moment and waiting for the delivery of the whole home Wi-fi discs as I don’t have them yet. 

what would you say would be better  to use with them as I never used the newer smart hubs. 

thanks for any advise. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Which BT Hub to use with new BT whole home Wi-fi discs

As it is usual to turn off the wifi on the hub, it doesn't really matter. If the HH4 and modem are working ok, why change?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Well I was not sure if the smart hub 1 or 2 had better device delighting when saying playing gaming or watching movies as the hub4 is not the best for it.  Was not sure if the new hubs are better or have better processors to handle more devices.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Any other input on this 

thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

If you were intending to buy a different device, I would strongly recommend buying a third party router rather than a BT hub.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi. I am not buying a  BT hub as I already have three versions of the hub. Hub 4 and smart hub 1 & 2 but never used the smart hubs so where collecting  dust.   I decided to improve my Wi-fi and bought some whole Wi-fi discs and wanted to know which hub is better to use with them.  I find the hub 4 craps out a lot and I am not sure if it’s because I have a lot of devices connected to it as it seems to timeout  a lot of the times and seems to be slow at responding most of the times.   this is why I asked if the smart hubs would be better at that and also which would be better to pair with the Wi-fi discs. 
I am not buying a router not when I have three sitting there and not only that a better router would cost an arm and a leg to get the new Wi-fi standards which I am not willing to pay for at the point in time.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

If you already have the hubs, just try them and see if they are any better. All hubs are just cheap mass produced devices for the mass ISP market, I doubt any one variant is any 'better' than another.

0 Ratings