cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dartmoor
Message 1 of 4

White Discs and Smart Hub 2 issues

Go to solution

I had 3 white discs working well with my home Hub but got a Smart Hub 2 and now cannot get the discs to connect at all, not even one.

I have watched all the tutorials and problems start at the point of trying to add a disc in the My BT App, that option is simply not there.

I have reset the discs with a long press (+20s) and if I connect by Ethernet to the Smart Hub, it will connect however as soon as I disconnect the Ethernet, it will flash blue for a bit and then turn red.

If I use the web interface, the discs will never flash red to initiate the connection.

I have spent 10 hours on the phone to support people who keep telling me to watch the video.

I am at my wits end.  Please help, I am at the point of trying to get my money back that I have wasted on 4 discs.

Thank you!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: White Discs and Smart Hub 2 issues

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

Why did you get the smart hub 2, as its intended for use with the black discs not the white ones?

It would be better to go back to using your original home hub as I assume that it worked fine.

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Smart-Hub-2-and-Whole-Home-Discs/m-p/1924711#M1...

It would appear from that thread, that you cannot use the white discs with the smart hub 2.

Dartmoor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you, I just did not realise that the two things were incompatible, shame that was not clear in the Smart Hub 2 advertising!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

The white whole home system is intended for use with any ISP, but the smart hub 2 is a BT Retail only product intended for use with their own BT Complete WiFi solution and the black discs.

Its an effective way of keeping customers.

0 Ratings