Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Seniormike
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Whole Home App won’t connect to my wifi

Go to solution

I have a BT Whole Home Wi-Fi set up with my own SSID and working perfectly for months. App has always connected without problem. Just downloaded the latest version of the App onto my iPhone. It now says ‘you are not connected to your Wi-Fi network’. Well I certainly am, viz this message! It says ‘log on using the SSID on the disk’. No, because i’ve Successfully changed the SSID and it’s working fine. Suggestions please!

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Canoose
Beginner
Message 2 of 14

Re: Whole Home App won’t connect to my wifi

Go to solution
I have the same issue
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Hi both,

Please can you confirm which version of firmware your discs are running? You can check at http://mybtdevice.home on the web interface. You need to be connected to your disc Wi-Fi for this to work.

I suggest turning off all the discs at the power switch for 1 minute, then turn on again. Once you've done that, make sure they're on v1.02.04build10 and use the app again.

Dan-O

0 Ratings
Palazzo13
Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Just purchased the disks today.

Setup was OK with Android app and upgraded to v1.02.04 build10 firmware.

Have changed my SSID, password and admin password successfully.

However the Android app NOW fails to connect to the discs (have tried re-installing app and rebooting the main disc)

So far, by DNS is not resolving http://mybtdevice.home/ on my network either, but luckily I can administer the discs using it's IP address.

0 Ratings
Canoose
Beginner
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution
Have followed advice but can't log into the url just get the following error message.
The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL: http://mybtdevice.home/

Unable to determine IP address from host name mybtdevice.home

The DNS server returned:

Name Error: The domain name does not exist.
This means that the cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL. Check if the address is correct.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.

0 Ratings
Palazzo13
Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Note:

App connection to Whole Home was a red herring. I was running a VPN (temporarily) which stopped access.

I'm told you cant connect to http://mybtdevice.home/ unless the device you are conneting from is also wirelessly connected to a disc, so if, like me, you uses a PC with a wire connection into your router, you have to access the web interface by the IP address of one of the discs (I have reseved an IP on my Router DHCP so I can have a fixed link for admin stored in my browser).

So, as it stands I don't need any further assistance.

0 Ratings
Seniormike
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

From Seniormike

well, when I checked back today, the App connected as it should. As I have the App on auto update I have no idea if an update has been applied so I can’t tell you what sorted out this problem! Anyway, there was also a firmware update available. I have applied it successfully. I have also turned on auto update for firmware is future.

many thanks to those who offered help.

0 Ratings
Seniormike
Beginner
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Well, when I came back to check the App today it worked just fine. As I have the App on auto update (on my ipad) I have no idea if a new version has been applied, so I can’t tell you what fixed the problem. I then discovered that there was a firmware update available. I have applied this and all seems well. I have now set things for auto update of firmware in future.

mant thanks to all who offered help, especially Dan-o.

al4055
Beginner
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

0 Ratings
al4055
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Having the same issue as well & cannot run the app at all.

Keeps telling me to sign into network & taking me to BT whole home wifi web page which is no help at all after entering admin code to open page.

Oh BTW everyone else in my house & all of their devices are operating just fine it's just my phone (which is the main administration device). I have reset network, turned off the main disc that is connected to router (but not the other 2), run software update & everything else that I can think of.

Currently running version 1.02.05 Build 10 on x3 discs. Will the swatch off all discs for 1 min then re-open the app work for me here ?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings