cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phibbit
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Whole Home Ethernet backhaul failing - BT Advise to buy something else!

I've just spent an hour on the phone to BT who eventually said they have never seen this and to send the kit back for a refund, but before I do.

I bought the three pack of whole home. First disc setup great, connected to the network appeared fine on my app.

The second disc seemed to attach fine, blue light, attached to the ethernet but said it was using 5ghz backhaul, which if switches automatically was weird, but fine.

Third disk will not connect using ethernet backhaul.

After speaking with BT I now have two disk that will not connect using Ethernet backhaul. They connect find without (though not in the locations I need them), one the cable is in the light on the disk goes blue but the app goes red. Any disk plugged into the ethernet decides its the primary, so I have 3 primary disks. 

Network is using Windows server 2016 for DHCP (have tried static IP), All disks currently connected to the same switch with the latest firmware. Running through a netgear managed switch (nothing configured on the ports).

Any ideas before it goes back?

thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Phibbit
Beginner
Message 2 of 2

Re: Whole Home Ethernet backhaul failing - BT Advise to buy something else!

Turns out this is an ongoing issue with the switch that is used. 

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/3-Disc-Whole-Home-Wired-problem-with-managed-Netgear-GS724Tv4...

0 Ratings