Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kimtech
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Whole home white discs ethernet connected via a number of unmanaged switches

Hi,

For some years I have had 6x BT whole home white discs.  Configured for daisy chain operation via the web setup interface and with just the master disc 1 ethernet connected directly to my BT home hub 5  

A second Lan output from the BT home hub 5 feeds an unmanaged Netgear 8 CH   GS108  Gigabit switch and from that is fed a  4 CH GS108  up in the loft.

I plan to connect x1 or maybe more of the furthest discs with an ethernet cable. 

Q1/  Can I simply ethernet connect the  furthest away disc to the 4CH  GS108 switch?

Q2/  Or  should all the discs be ethernet connected back to the same switch as the master dsic? 

Q3/  Or  should they ideally all go back in fact to BT home hub5 ? 

I guess the main question is - can you mix  discs between different unmanaged gigabit switches without problem? 

Any thoughts appreciated

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
DavidM
Message 2 of 3

Re: Whole home white discs ethernet connected via a number of unmanaged switches

Hi @kimtech and welcome.

Thanks for posting about your home set up. To be honest I really wouldn't know if this is possible but maybe one of our experts might. @Dan-O or @Darren_B is this something you can advise on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
kimtech
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Whole home white discs ethernet connected via a number of unmanaged switches

Thank you DavidM
0 Ratings