cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Wholehome 5ghz

Is there a way to disable 5ghz on the wholehome discs? Its playing havoc with my Dyson fans and my Ring Doorbell systems?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Wholehome 5ghz

Hi,

There is not currently a way to disable the 5ghz band that I know of.

Have you tried changing the 5ghz channel to see if that has any effect?

Mike.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Hi Mark - thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes I tried that and set the 2.4 to chan 6 (my Sonos is on 1) and pushing the 5ghz out to the highest chan (can't remember what that was) and it does seem to be working. The Dyson is a bit hit and miss still.
Cheers
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

And the Ring is fairly stable.......at the moment 👍
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 8

I realise this is a VERY old thread - but just in case, can I ask how you manage to set up the fan is the first place ?  I recently switched to Whole Home and when I try to go through setup on the Dyson Link app, it refuses to accept that my iPhone is connected to my home network although it clearly is.   I'm assuming it is because the phone connects at 5Ghz and the app simply will not allow it?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 8

BT Whole Home Wi-Fi ( White Discs) send both 5GHz and 2.4GHz i.e. AC2600 Dual-Band wireless technology. so devices should have the option to join the network using either. However some 2.4GHz device can have a problem setting up if both are visible.
If you are having a problem setting up a 2.4GHz you can stop 5GHz for a short time using the WEB tool, so you can target your setup.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 8

@Injar02

Thanks for that helpful info.  I did look in the web interface but either I missed the option to temporarily  stop the 5Ghz band or that option is very well hidden.  I will have another look later - or is "the WEB tool" something different?

I have found that the Guest WiFi is recognised by the app as a valid network (probably 2.4GHz only?) so I could set it up on that but it would mean swapping WiFi networks every time I wanted to access the fan. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 8

Hi the guest network is also dual band and the Web tool is the same as web GUi. It looks like the Web but is from the firmware on the Whole Home. 

0 Ratings