cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
davidramsay
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Why does my HH4 report my devices showing the 2.4GHz range when I am using 5GHz for both

I have a HH4 (revision A), the UI on the hub shows a picture of an HH3 on the Advanced Settings\Home Network\Devices.

I have the Wireless settings on the 5GHz to NOT sync with 2.4GHz as I want to be able to distinguish SSID's.

So why do all my devices appear under the 2.4GHz SSID when I know that they are NOT.

This is a firmware bug IMHO - where do I report it?

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
davidramsay
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Why does my HH4 report my devices showing the 2.4GHz range when I am using 5GHz for both

Just did a bit more testing and by switching off the 2.4GHz band the Devices reports NO devices connected yet I am using the 5GHz to report this update.

Seems to me the firmware needs a bit of an overhaul AND a good test.

BTW I am available, just finished (retired) from a software test position in embedded security devices - any takers?
0 Ratings
davidramsay
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Re: Why does my HH4 report my devices showing the 2.4GHz range when I am using 5GHz for both

OK seems no one can tell me where/how to report HH firmware bugs - ant takers?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 4

@davidramsay wrote:
Just did a bit more testing and by switching off the 2.4GHz band the Devices reports NO devices connected yet I am using the 5GHz to report this update.

Seems to me the firmware needs a bit of an overhaul AND a good test.

BTW I am available, just finished (retired) from a software test position in embedded security devices - any takers?

You may have reported a minor bug, but is it really important?
Have you tried connecting to the hub at 2.4GHz, having disabled the 2.4GHz?

It is a mystery, but the only consequence of any importance seems to lie in the power save feature.

i.e. It's difficult, but not impossible to determine whether the hub wifi feature is activated when there is no demand from any devices; and hence is there any saving in power consumed by the hub? That is the underlying mystery.

0 Ratings