cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doodles22
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Why does the homehub 5 keep dropping out, but not all devices and not the same ones each day?

Home hub 5 started dropping out on my laptop 3 days ago. The next day it was the andriod phone that couldn't connect and today it's the sky box. As it's a different device each time it must be either a problem with the network or a problem with the hub. Any suggestions on fixing the problem or is there an ongoing issue with bt?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Why does the homehub 5 keep dropping out, but not all devices and not the same ones each day?

Try ONE factory reset of the Homehub by pressing a pin into the red recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. This can often sort out problems.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Re: Why does the homehub 5 keep dropping out, but not all devices and not the same ones each day?

try resetting lease time from 1 day to 21 days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

Can you advise how to do this please? Seems like a useful trick to be able to do...

0 Ratings
Doodles22
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Tried the reset button (the one where you use a pin) but to no avail. Still dropping on on different devices throughout the day. Could it be a problem with the hub itself?

0 Ratings
Doodles22
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

How do you do change the lease from 1 day to 21 days?

Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

I can see how to do this on the Smart Hub 6 but not on my TP Link...

Login to 192.168.1.254, Go to advanced (you'll have to login again to go to advanced)

Then My Network

Then IPv4 config

You'll find the lease times here.

At least that's how I'd do it - not sure if I'm correct becasue I haven't tried on the Smart Hub. I'd like to be able to do it on TPLink AC1600 but I can't find it (so if anyone knows how to do it on here, please let me know - thanks )

Doodles22
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Thanks everyone. It seems to have sorted itself out. Each day the drop outs were less and less. Now seems stable again. Perhaps it was a problem with BT and they have sorted it out. 

0 Ratings
Doodles22
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

seems I spoke too soon. I have changed the lease time from 1 day to 21 days and still it drops out.  Phone is connected,  skybox is not, laptop keeps dropping out, tv is connected, printer is recieving signal. Mobile phone, t.v, x-box and printer are all getting the signal, laptop and skybox is not. Still can't figure out why or how to fix it. I can't go to the router address when I do get a signal on the laptop as it times out. 

0 Ratings