Highlighted
Danje
Contributor
Message 1 of 21

Why?

Hi,

I've always used my internet connection all day and night but since moving a year ago I've found myself hardly using it (most likely because it's pointless!).

Why do companies like BT and Virgin Media charge customers the high prices of ADSL when the performance for the majority is so poor?

I mean seriously... this is a good result for me.

I'm paying £14 for broadband which is normally < 0.5Mb and 40Gb bandwidth limit and then I get an email about raising my line rental to £15 per month?! So I'm paying £29 per month minus the call package for this piece of trash?

Why can't this be classed as robbery when you clearly know people who live further away from the exchange will not get anywhere near the speeds of others closer! 

Same principle of going into a shop and buying a bottle of water with less than quarter in the bottle and paying the same price as the person who bought a full bottle... if it was the case you'd moan and the shop would be prosecuted for selling items(or service in this case) that is overpriced and not what it's advertised as.

Just annoyed and no date of when Infinity will be here when everyone suffers with this rubbish. I have to work from home and my job involved remote desktop connections and transferring/streaming large amounts of data and when you're limited to speeds of a 56k modem it's pointless!

I went from 100Mb to < 1Mb, some days even 0.001!!!! 

I live in a new property where the lines are fine as they've been checked and the filter is fine as I've replaced twice and have a third one. 

About time the UK sorted this stupid state out.

/rant :(...

When will Infinity be available in my area?

CV23 9DD

I've used the December checker and no planned date, surely there's more information out now?

Thanks,

Dan

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 21

Re: Why?

Would you like assistance from forum members that may help improve your speed?

0 Ratings
Danje
Contributor
Message 3 of 21

Thanks for the reply but that will not happen lol!

My line has been rated 1-2Mb, the filter is brand new, the router is uptodate and my line has no issues and doesn't have a test socket inside my property. I run an i5 @ 4.8Ghz and 16Gb HyperX etc etc...

I can't even browse Facebook on my iPhone because it is just that slow! I can't get 3G in my area although it says I'm able to which is a lie as the nearest is 1mile away! I live in an area with a couple thousand of homes (most with children) and we have to put up with it.

The broadband will not go any faster, we need Infinity! I've had the area surveyed twice by Virgin Media which was a nono as 1 node wasn't enough to be profitable...

I'm the local Broadband Champion for my area and delivered leaflets to every home for the CSW which has funding from BDUK. http://www.cswbroadband.org.uk/suppliers/procurement/

The list says:

CV23 9DD - number 241 on the list of users connected to the cabinet - this proves how much the area needs doing. out of 25k+?!

http://www.cswbroadband.org.uk/documents/Public_Consultation_Postcode_List_2012-11-09.xlsx

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 21

What does your home hub show as your line attenuation?

When you say you have no test socket, do you have any extensions, or just a single phone socket?

0 Ratings
dylanere
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 21

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 21

Click on options then select edit post click on it then you can edit
0 Ratings
Danje
Contributor
Message 7 of 21

Line Attenuation 59.5 dB 31.5 dB
Noise Margin 10.5 dB 15.0 dB

I don't have 6 phone sockets but no test socket inside my property. I'm assuming it's on the outside in the OpenReach box? Nothing I can touch?
0 Ratings
Danje
Contributor
Message 8 of 21

I do have*.... sorry won't let me edit.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 21

are you using a BT Home hub if yes can you please post the full ADSL stats as we need connection speed and time as well as all error reported
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 21

speedtest shows ISP as virgin media

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings