cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petemarsh
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Wi Fi Problems

Apologise for the long post but it takes a bit of explaining.

I have an apple mac, everything I try says I have an active and live wi fi signal with good signal strength but when using safari I continously get the message I can't connect.

But all my other equipment two ipads, two iphones, an apple laptop and an ordinary laptop can all connect via the wi fi. That would suggest a problem with the mac, yet I can tether my phone to the mac and safari connects. 

So my start point is isolating the problem is it the wi fi from the router (unlikely given the other things that work from it) but given the mac will work of my phone personal hot spot I don't see how it could be my mac either.

Any suggestions of things to try would be gratefully appreciated.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Wi Fi Problems

Is it that you can not connect to the wireless signal or that you can not connect to the Internet.

Are you able to connect to the Internet via any programs such as email or anything else that uses he Internet.

Have you tried another browser such as Firefox

Is IPv6 active on you Mac, if it is try turning it off. This link shows how to check

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4667

petemarsh
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Wi Fi Problems

Thank you they are really useful questions, I can pick up my emails on both Yahoo and Google, so it is only the internet I can't use via Safari and wi fi I can use the internet via safari when I have the ethernet cable in.

0 Ratings