cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Wi-Fi discs keep dropping out

We have a home hub and three WiFi extender discs. The room furthest from the hub is connected via two WiFi extender discs (we have tried three), despite this the WiFi in this room keeps dropping out.

History

BT remotely checked the line and said it needed attention.

Open Reach visited and left us with 60 mega byte broadband (essentially what we had before) but couldn’t address the Wi-fi problem.

BT send out their Wi-if expert (all part of the deal) he spends an hour or so wandering about with his tablet and declares there is noise on the line, and can’t fault fund the Wi-fi problem.

Open Reach visit again. He can’t hear noise in the line but feels a new drop is required. The cable is rerun into the house and a new master box fitted. Can’t fault his enthusiasm or his work. The problem is it doesn’t repair the original fault!!!!!! He leaves us saying that he will refer the fault back to BT.

A few hours later I get an email from BT saying how pleased they are the the fault has been fixed!!!!

The message also says if you want to chat ‘Click here’, or something like that. I click the link and it takes me to the BT Community pages!

I’ve had enough...

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3

Re: Wi-Fi discs keep dropping out

Your opening paragraph seems to suggest  WiFi is only a problem in that furthest room?  Is that the case - or do you have any connection issues in your other rooms?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: Wi-Fi discs keep dropping out

Wi-fi is fine elsewhere. It’s fine in the furthest room for a while (could be days) then it drops out for no reason.

0 Ratings