cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 17

Re: Wi-Fi stops working once desktop connects

... and what would that basic problem be and what has that to do with this problem?
0 Ratings
A1944
Expert
Message 12 of 17

@gg30340 wrote:
... and what would that basic problem be and what has that to do with this problem?

The basic problem, which is spread out across numerous threads here, is that all BT Home Hub models now seem to be struggling to provide a reliable WiFi service. 

Though this thread referred originally to the HH3 it sounds like much the same problem.  There are fairly recent similar threads talking about the HH4 (less so, perhaps), HH5 and HH6.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 17

Did you read the thread? It happens on one device and would appear to be device specific and not hub related but perhaps you have seen something that I have missed?

0 Ratings
A1944
Expert
Message 14 of 17

According to a post yesterday at 1311 the wifi is dropping on several devices.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
kaidax
Message 15 of 17

This is the exact problem i've had for the last few weeks. Can't bring myself to ring BT about it and get the talk about removing objects that might be blocking the router xD as soon as my smartphone or laptop connects to the wifi, all connected devices in the house stay connected but display 'No Internet' If i turn the wifi off and on again on my phone or laptop everything reconnects, for about 5 minutes then it all happens again over and over. So i can't put my phone or laptop on wifi now!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 17

@A1944 wrote:

According to a post yesterday at 1311 the wifi is dropping on several devices.

They only drop out when the OP connects  his PC. They do not drop our at any other time. It appears to be the PC that is causing the problem however if you can come up with the solution to the OP's problem please feel free.

EDIT: from OP's post "Once the PC is turned on, and connects to the wireless, it instantly causes issues with the wireless throughout the house - before I even open up an internet browser on the PC."

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 17

Kaidax

If you have a problem please start your own thread stating exactly what the problem is, what Homehub you are using and any other useful information.

If you post on some other person's thread all it does is cause confusion with replies and answers.

EDIT: I see you do have your own thread started. You are best to stick to that to.

0 Ratings