cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Wi-fi dropping in and out constantly

For the last 3 months our home Wi-Fi has been awful. It constantly drops out - TV buffers, streamed radio/music stops, polo of doom on handheld devices. I upgraded to a SmartHub 2 a few weeks ago with a booster disc but no better - possibly even worse. Any testing shows that connection is fine. Live chat help suggested splitting the SSID but BT help pages say this isn’t possible on SmartHub 2. All other help guides have been followed. 4 of us in the house - yes probably all using some kind of Wi-fi dependant device at the same time but it was never a problem before and the TV adverts suggest this is supported. We’re now getting through loads of data with using 4G instead of Wi-fi at home. Any suggestions?
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Wi-fi dropping in and out constantly

I assume that if you have read other posts you have turned off smart setup in hub.  Have you tried changing the wireless mode ?

have you tried selecting the wireless channels manually rather than on automatic selection?

can you not get another wifi disc from BT to improve coverage?

post stats from hub advanced settings then technical log information 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: Wi-fi dropping in and out constantly

Thanks for that imjolly - do I really need to consider another disc when it was never a problem before? Nothing has changed in terms of our usage or devices. I’ll try turning off smart setup.
0 Ratings