Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JennyD76
Beginner
Message 11 of 15

Re: Wi-fi dropping

Go to solution

Thank you so much for your help, it is much appreciated.

i might have to go for netgear as it’s the only one without antenna thingys, my cat will just chew those right off. Crazy cat lady problems!

Jenny

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

@JennyD76 wrote:

Thank you so much for your help, it is much appreciated.

i might have to go for netgear as it’s the only one without antenna thingys, my cat will just chew those right off. Crazy cat lady problems!

Jenny

The external antenna is to give good wifi coverage. Which Netgear router are you thinking about, as it must be the correct type, otherwise it will not work.

I was not aware of any Netgear routers that do not have external aerials, most third party routers do,

Can`t you put the router high up, so the cat cannot reach it? Or put it in a cupboard.

0 Ratings
JennyD76
Beginner
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

Would the D6400 be ok? 

My cat has a weird condition, pica,  where he will try to eat anything plastic, he will go to extreme lengths to find his tasty treat. I don’t have a cupboard handy either.

Jenny

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

@JennyD76 wrote:

Would the D6400 be ok? 

My cat has a weird condition, pica,  where he will try to eat anything plastic, he will go to extreme lengths to find his tasty treat. I don’t have a cupboard handy either.

Jenny

You could cover the aerials with a plastic box, or similar. It can also be mounted on the wall, with the aerials pointing upwards.

You may have a job to find a third party router which does not have external aerials.

Possibly the NETGEAR D6400, but I am not sure how easy it is to configure.

Judging by the height of it, the full size aerials must be behind the plastic case.

0 Ratings
JennyD76
Beginner
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

I had been toying with the idea of a new TV, so perhaps I should do that now and get a stand with a cabinet. This is turning into a very expensive day indeed hahaha.

thank you again for your help,

Jenny

0 Ratings