Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clairemattock
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Wi-fi fon hotspot

May 2017
I’ve been using a hotspot for over a year at my house and now it’s dissapeared..... I’ve restarted my Apple Mac and not finding and connecting to the hotspot anymore. Can it just disappear?? Weird??
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Wi-fi fon hotspot

If the btwifi connection was from a customers hub then they may have moved isp or bought 3rd party router. In either case you will lose the btwifi. They could also have switched it off

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
clairemattock
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Not a customers hub it was mine .....
0 Ratings
Zombie
Expert
Message 4 of 11

@clairemattock Can I ask, Why was you using the bt hotspot when you was at home and not using your own private WiFi? Surely logging into the BT hotspot all the time gets a bit annoying when your at home. 

Anyways if you haven’t opted out of BT WiFi the hub should still be broadcasting it. Is the hub broadcasting your private wifi? that’s the network name that’s on the back of the hub. 

0 Ratings
clairemattock
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

I have a room at the bottom of my garden and use my hotspot there....
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

if the BTFON/WIFI signal reaches the room then surely the wifi from your home network also reaches the room in the garden

have you tried resetting the hub to see if that gets the FON back on

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
clairemattock
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

I have a 300ft garden so the hub/router signal won’t reach that far!

0 Ratings
Zombie
Expert
Message 8 of 11

Hi @clairemattock as @imjolly says if the hub was transmitting bt fon to the end of the garden then it will be able to transmit your private WiFi network just as far. BT fon can’t travel any further. Maybe as mentioned earlier you was picking up a neighbours BT Fon.

0 Ratings
clairemattock
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Mmmm.....right when your out and about your phone pings to say your in a hotspot area and my phone connects to the hotspot. ....well my phone did this and Mac in a particular part of my garden which is in question, non of my neighbours are on bt.  It’s just weird how it was working one day and not the next and still not....but been working for over a year.  Does bt take hotspots away.

I was connecting to mine cause I have to put my email address and password in.  

😒😒😒😢😢😢

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

you have to put your email address and password in regardless of who owns the wifi hotspot - it could be anyones not necessarily your own and if you cannot connect to your hime network then it really seems likely that it is BTFON?WIFI from another hub close to the room

BT does not stop your hub trans,itting the BTFON hence why my suggestion of a hub reset and maybe even a factory reset would be better using recessed button on back