cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

Wi-fi unstable for WhatsApp and Zoom calls

I have a Smart Hub 2 with BT Halo 3. The broadband signal is good and strong (well, as good as BT allows!) but wi-fi seems sporadic at best. I can be on online video calls via ethernet connected devices all day without issue, but if I use a wi-fi connected device like a Facebook Portal or Nest Home Hub, located in the same room as the main router, the picture will freeze and drop out every few minutes.

I monitored the wi-fi signal using NetSpot for Windows on an ethernet connected PC today in the same room as the main router and the signal strength seems to be bouncing around. The blue line in the graph below is my 2.4GHz wi-fi, while the red line is my 5GHz wi-fi. The 2.4GHz signal averages -34dBm but drops as low as -96dBm, while 5Ghx is more stable but weaker, averaging -51dBM but also hitting sometimes a low of -96dBm.

I've tried to isolate all possible interference. Channel settings are 'Smart' for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz; I've tried setting channels manually but this makes things much worse!

Does this look healthy to you? What could be causing the regular drop-outs? Have a got a faulty hub? Thanks.

2021-03-12_15h01_58.png

0 Ratings