cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WARKSTER
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

WiFi BT-X

I have recent joined and have a new SH2 - I now notice I have a WiFi option BT-X!!

What is this, it was never there before I moved to BT!!

Any advice?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: WiFi BT-X

It is coming from your hub and I similar to BTWIFI -FON but for use with apple devices

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
WARKSTER
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Sorry to be thick what is the point of it?

Can I turn it off?

I assume someone would need my password to login to it?

I don’t see the point why not just login to the proper hub ssid?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

https://www.btwifi.co.uk/help/faqs/

It is a totally separate network to your home WiFi.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

You would need to turn off BTWIFI which would also turn off BTWIFI-X so you would not be able to use BTWIFI when you are outside

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
WARKSTER
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Sorry folks I don’t understand it!!

so that ssid  bt-WiFi-x who would connect to that?

Does that mean other by customers can login and use my router as a hotspot?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Yes other customers can login to BTWIFI OR BTWIF-X and access the internet but they cannot access your home network 

you can access BTWIFI when out and about which is broadcast by other BT customers. You can opt out which will turn off the BTWIFI from your hub but you will not get the benefit of connecting when you are away from home

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Yes.

You can log in to any WiFi hotspots whilst out and about using your BTID. It is a totally secure separate network that just uses a small portion of the hubs spare bandwidth. The hub owner has priority for the bandwidth b

0 Ratings