cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

WiFi Disc disconnecting

Hi, I know this has been asked plenty of times before but I cannot for the life of me get my WiFi discs to stay connected. I have 2 discs and a smart hub 2, both discs were set up as per the instructions. Both discs are probably 5 metres from the hub and they keep disconnecting. They will stay connected for a while then the light flashes red, sometimes it is resolved by turning the disc off and back on but this shouldn't be the solution. I also have the hybrid connect box and it loses connection to the hub and it's only 3 metres away. I am paying a lot of money for am unreliable connection. I've tried resetting everything multiple times and it doesn't work  Can anybody help at all?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: WiFi Disc disconnecting

I have SH2 with Fibre 2 and  whole home wfi.  No problems initially but my laptop has been having 2-3 wifi disconnections a day more recently.  It connects to the black disc just 4 ft away.  Seeing endless advice on here to switch smart setup off I thought I would try it.  It's early days yet but no disconnections in last 48 hours.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Thanks for your reply. Stupid question but how do I turn the smart setup off and then go about connecting the discs to the hub?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

There is a Smart Setup button in the SH Manager.  It stayed connected when I turned it off and has reconnected automatically on subsequent restarts.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Thanks again for replying. I've opened the smart hub manager but there is no smart setup option, I've googled to see where it should be but it doesn't appear on my page.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Earthling_0-1629666897978.png

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

I have all those options apart from the smart setup tab. Does it make any difference that I'm accessing the page from my phone?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Looks like that's the problem, it doesn't appear on my Android phone.  There must be a way around but I can't see it.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

I've found it using my laptop. Do I now plug the discs back in to the hub to reset them or should they reconnect themselves? Thanks for your help
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

I didn't have to do anything other than turn smart setup off - everything continued working and has done since.  No more wifi disconnects.

0 Ratings