cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

WiFi Disc

Just got BT complete WiFi

How on earth do I get BT to send me a WiFi disc, which I need to try and connect my teckin smart plugs (have tried all other tricks mentioned in other threads so please don’t signpost me there!)

Going round in circles with the app / website. Can’t get a live chat. When I phone, I’m passed to a txt bot which doesn’t recognise my mobile number, no option to proceed from there. Utterly exasperated.

When you sign up the BT website makes it sound so easy to get one!

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: WiFi Disc

@Rentaghost 

Use the online troubleshooter  https://support.bt.com/fix/broadband/?view=broadbandtroubleshooter 

There should be a process there to request another disc.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thanks,

yes, there should be, but I can’t see anything at all regarding WiFi - just forces me to do a broadband speed test, which is obviously fine. I’ll try again later though when I’m back at the house.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Maybe try a different browser as that sometimes makes a difference

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

You have to ring them i just rang the normal number on your bill and followed the press 1 press 2  and they will find the black / dead spots in your house wile you are chatting and they will send you them out for were you need them, or they did me !

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

I don’t have a bill yet.

Any phone numbers I find on the troubleshooter  just dump me to a bot which is then a dead end as it can’t match my mobile number to my account. No option to speak to anyone.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Look on your paper bill if you get one ?

0 Ratings