Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
123WiFi
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

WiFi Performance - Channels

Go to solution

Hello,

I am a BT Standard customer... as they're is no Fibre as I am on a 'EO Line' whatever that means.

Anyways, I recently got WiFi calling on BT Mobile which is great as I now get calls as signal is flakey. Unfortunately, my BT Home Hub 4 which is in the next room doesn't seem to be providing a good enough signal. Sure it says I have 2 bars on my iPhone but won't connect to WiFi call 😞

I don't mind getting a cheap router and a powerline adapter, but I dont like leaving plugs on unncesarily and also dont want all the wires, antennas and flashy lights.

Will changing the channel on my router get better performance, and if so.. what to. It seems to be reaching the 3rd floor of my house which is quite high and not even my kitchen on the same floor! I am currently on Channel 11. Any help appreciated, also of any alternative solutions

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: WiFi Performance - Channels

Go to solution

try changing to channel 13 it is little used and may help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
123WiFi
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply, will this help as there are no other WiFi Networks in my area. 

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

If you don't have any neighbours using wifi then choose any channel you want and see if it makes any difference

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
DavidCo
Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Download Wifi Channel Picker

http://www.logonanalyzer.com/freeware.html

It is a portable app so just unzip

It will scan your area and show what else is there, you can then pick a suitable channel

0 Ratings