Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EmJ
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

WiFi Signal

Hi all.
We’ve recently moved back to BT for fibre and phone line. I “spoke” with an advisor online who assured me the BT home hub is fantastic and would work fine in the areas I described to him.
Well it doesn’t. So, back to BT who sent us a booster which quite frankly is awful. The non wired part looses power and turns itself off. I still don’t get signal with use. I’ve tried to contact BT at least 5 times and I’ve been cut off most of those.
It’s also a pain to to flit between settings just to see which one would give better signal.
Anyway, I have two WiFi boosters from sky still and wondered if they can be used with BT? If so how please?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: WiFi Signal

@EmJ

Assuing they are standard boosters, try this.  Place a booster approx half way between where you want it and the hub, but by a plug socket, then power on the booster, wait for the wireless light to come on and press the WPS button on the booster for at least 3 seconds, it will then flash Amber.  Within 2 mins press the WPS button on your Hub for at least 3 seconds.  Once connected the WPS lights should go out. 

Worth a try. 

EDIT: Assuming it works, repeat for 2nd booster.

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
EmJ
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for your suggestion, I’ve tried this a few times but the WPS light on the BT hub begins to flash red before stopping?
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

you didn't say what else you have tried but standard to help is to split the 2.4/5ghz networks and also select the channels manually and see if that improves wifi  many devices don't like the 2 networks combined.

you can alos try changing the wireless mode from 1 to either 2 or 3

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
EmJ
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Thank you for the speedy reply. I have not tried splitting them but will do this now. We had to do this in the past before we had fibre.
Please would you explain what you mean by changing the wireless mode as this is a new one on me? Thank you
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

if you have a hh6 your will see wireless mode set to default 1  try 2 or 3 - changes from ac to ac/n or b/g/n

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings