cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MorgaineD
Expert
Message 51 of 59

Re: WiFi and ethernet connections not fully working (ipv6 issue)

There was crossover between my post edit and your response, but in a nutshell, check what the Android browser shows on the IPv6 test site, compared to your laptop.
0 Ratings
MorgaineD
Expert
Message 52 of 59

@mikeyaj wrote:

> "The test was done on the phone browser"

But on the post with the image of ipv6-test.com you wrote that it was on your laptop.  Which is it?

0 Ratings
mikeyaj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 53 of 59

One screenshot is laptop. The second is the phone
0 Ratings
MorgaineD
Expert
Message 54 of 59

Ah, I see, I missed that little line of text between the two images, thanks.

0 Ratings
MorgaineD
Expert
Message 55 of 59

OK, that eliminates a lot of potential issues, since both your Ethernet and Wifi devices are working fine for web access over both IPv4 and over IPv6.

As others have said, the Android browser is just another app, so one would have every expectation that your other apps would be working too as long as they are IPv6-compatible or fall back to IPv4 as required. After all, your Android has a valid public IPv6 address and the Android browser shows that its IPv6 routing is set up correctly, so there is no networking problem at all.

It's a bit of a random hypothesis, but others have mentioned ULA so it's possible that faced with both an ULA and a public address being present on the wifi interface simultaneously, a faulty Android app might pick the non-publicly-routable ULA as a source address, which would of course be entirely braindead, ie. an Android bug.

I'm out of my depth on Android here, but is there a way to see all of the addresses on the Android network interface using some admin app, and if an ULA address is seen then to drop it, as a test?  (The ULA prefix is fd00::/8, in other words ULA addresses start with "fd".)

0 Ratings
mikeyaj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 56 of 59

@MorgaineD

not an android expert. just know my phone is in perfect working order as i use wifi all day

the bt home hub won't let me use it on lots of sites (some will work) or on any apps

0 Ratings
mikeyaj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 57 of 59

still no fix

bt said theyd look into it and a week later nothing

terrible service

0 Ratings
mikeyaj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 58 of 59

still nothing from BT

it seems they obviously don't even want to talk about this issue with customer's
0 Ratings
mikeyaj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 59 of 59

another phonecall to BT today

(not sure anyone cares)

they told me the tired **bleep** split the wifi signals to the 2 and 5, still not fixing the issue

even with a complaint reference they can not seem to escalate this about call centre

phone back at samsung, nothing wrong, in perfect condition, works on 60 different wifi networks. can't use apps at home wifi though.

what terrible service from bt

0 Ratings