cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

WiFi connection keeps dropping

I have several devices (PCs, Android phones, iPhone and others) and the Hub 5 wifi connection to each keeps dropping.  It doesn't happen to all at the same time and there are no changes to the hub lights.  Connections usually restore themselves reasonably quickly but sometimes I have to turn the wifi off and on again on the device.

The hub event log has multiple entries about wifi registration failed, client disassociated, client associated, device disconnected, ... but it's hard to see if they are at the same time as the connection drops. 

Turning the hub off and on again makes no difference.  I haven't yet tried a factory reset.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: WiFi connection keeps dropping

have you turned off smart setup?

have you split the 2.4/5ghz networks

have you used a wifi analyser on your mobile to see which would be best channel for your wifi?

have you turned of smart setup  

Turn Off smart setup

have you split the networks   

Split the networks

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for replying.

Smart setup was already off and I have now split the networks.  Auto channel selection has chosen channel 48 for 5Ghz which is also one that the wifi analyser recommends.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Thank you for the advice and all day up to now everything has been ok.  However, I now frequently see a status of 'connected without internet' on my phone and 'no internet' on my laptop. The phone is on 5 GHz and the laptop still on 2.4.  The wifi analyser doesn't show anything unusual and the event log shows 'client disassociated' and 'client associated' messages at about the relevant time.  As before, the connection restores itself quite quickly.

Is there anything else you can suggest?

0 Ratings