cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Busyali
Message 1 of 7

WiFi connectivity

My son has a lenovo tablet that is refusing to connect to the bt WiFi, I thought it was a tablet issue as it has done this before but fixed post a hard reset. However I have just tried to connect the tablet via a hot spot on my phone and ir works perfectly, so is it a problem with the tablet or my WiFi. Incidentally the WiFi is hooked up perfectly to every other device in the house. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
bratman91
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: WiFi connectivity

If you have other devices that are connected to your router via wifi, then I can’t see how there could be any problem with the router or wifi. Does the tablet settings allow the router SSID to be deleted or forgotten?  If so, I would suggest deleting it and then reselecting it so that you have to enter in the password. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

0 Ratings
Busyali
Message 4 of 7

Thanks, I have tried removing it an readding it a couple of times. Interestingly it does work when I connect it to my phone as a hot spot. Think it must be a problem with the tablet. But I may try the channel switch as suggested. Just seems a lot of hassle just to get the one device to work when everything else is fine. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Providing you don't have a SH2 try splitting the 2.4/5ghz networks as some devices don't like them combined. 

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56419/~/how-do-i-split-my-bt-hubs-ssid-%28wireless-ne...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

When you delete/forget the BT hub's wireless connection on the tablet, carry out a soft reset of the tablet before trying to re-connect to the hub.

If you are not sure how to do the soft reset try an Internet search for your model of tablet.

0 Ratings
bratman91
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

You have probably already tried this but restarting the router might help.

0 Ratings