cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SRB
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 78

WiFi cutting off on HH3 every few mins since yesterday.

Since Thursday morning my HH 3 keeps dropping it's wireless connection every few mins. The wifi light on the Hub goes off, it comes back up and all devices try to connect to something called btwifi x. Each time it happens I have to go to the WiFi settings on a device (happening on Android and Apple) and manually "forget" this network. Then it connects happily to the home network for a few mins before doing the same again. Wired connections are fine and it isn't a channel issue, no one near my channel, I have tried 3 different channels over the last 48 hours just to be sure. Have switched Hub wireless off and today am using an old wired to hub wifi access point, no drop out at all on any devices. Did BT push something to the HH3 this past week that has caused this issue???
0 Ratings
77 REPLIES 77
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 78

Re: WiFi cutting off on HH3 every few mins since yesterday.

sounds like a faulty hub contact CS on 08001114567 if still in contract
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 78

have you tried a factory reset - hold recessed button on back until lights flash

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
lahdelah
Contributor
Message 4 of 78

You are not alone! Same here. Everything wireless just disconnects then reconnects, constantly. I was just looking at the firmware to see if they'd pushed something out by my firmware is pretty old. Used a wifi scanner to check channel usage, moved the channel around but still get the same. Android, IOS... all do the same.

SRB
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 78

Really odd, yes I did reset the hub, but made no difference. It isn't the bb connection. Wired devices are fine, as in the now wired access point. That's why I was wondering If BT have tweaked the hh3 s/w recently. At least I'm not alone!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 78

resetting back toi factory setting rseets config file so not just for internet conenction - different to just a normal reset

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SRB
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 78

Also loses all custom settings - a right pain.Smiley Mad

(Saving the config file and restoring it just leaves you back at sqaure one too)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 78

you can tell if there have been any firmware updates by looking at the bottom of every page in the hub manager
SRB
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 78

No, that doesn't tell you when it was updated - just what version it's running. It's running the latest version listed on the BT site, but I have no idea how long it's been running that for. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 78

The date is normally shown next to the version number and the last update was months ago if that helps you