Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
n_kasmani
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

WiFi disconnecting - Samsung S4 & S5

Go to solution

Hellow people. 

New member on the forum. Been a BT fibre customer for a few months now. 

Ive had this nagging issue with my previous samsung galaxy S4....and now ive upgraded to the S5...and I still have the same issue. 

My wife had the Samsung S3....and now the S5....and she doesnt experience the same issue. 

I wasnt bothered before because I had unlimited data bundle with T-Mobile. but now, I have 10GB so need to keep an eye on my usage.

So, my phone auto connects to the wifi at home via the HH5. But since it was installed, many times i get the message in my message bar to say " "BTHub5-N86F" Disconnected Network disconnected. Sign in again"

Ive gone through standard trouble shooting checks i.e rebooting router, rebooting phone.....but the strange thing is that my wife's S5 doesnt do the same....ie drop the connection and ask to sign in again. 

Anyone experienced this? Or can anyone give any advise?

Many thanks 

Mr Kaz Man!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: WiFi disconnecting - Samsung S4 & S5

Go to solution

Are you talking about your wireless connection to your own home network by logging onto the Homehub SSid (Name) and using the wireless passkey found on the homehub label or are you talking about logging onto BTWifi which requires your primary email address and password.

If it's your home network try turning off "Smart Set Up" on the homehub.

See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

0 Ratings
n_kasmani
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Yup. Meant the Home Hub. Sorry, missed the reply....hadnt subscribed to the thread.

I will try this and report back.
0 Ratings
n_kasmani
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Nope....not worked 😞

came home....it asked me to sign in. then went out to pick up some dinner....came back and it was asking me to sign in again 😞

very frustrating. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Make sure that "Smart Set Up" is turned off on the hub. See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

Restart the Homehub again, not a factory reset.

When the hub is restarting, "forget" the connection on the phone and restart the phone. Once it has restarted remake the connection and see how you get on.

n_kasmani
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Will do that now and let you know how it goes. Thanks
0 Ratings
n_kasmani
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Worked like a charm!!!! THankyou Berry Much!! 😄
0 Ratings
AlexMac
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Worked for me too; but whay is that feature in there, on the BT Hub to begin with, if you have to switch it off to connect to your device?

0 Ratings