cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 25

Re: WiFi disconnects when phone rings

Thank you. Previously they had been told to move the router upstairs to where the line comes in. We tried moving it downstairs next to the phone and put the filter on it but then it didn’t work at all. They’re not that bothered about it cutting off but it’s a real pain if they’re trying to watch something on their smart tv and it disconnects. I had followed the instructions on the smart tv to reconnect it by pressing the wps button on the router which worked and connected the smart tv again but it doesn’t stay connected for very long (although the WiFi is still working)

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 25

The 2 most basic bit of information to enable people to help you  are.

1. Which master socket does your parents have - I posted the options already?

2 is it the WiFi that is dropping or is the internet dropping causing the WiFi to drop?

Any solutions are just guesses until you provide the necessary information

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 25

They said at the end of their last post that the wifi is still going when they lose smart TV

I would suggest that they purchase a pair of powerline sockets with the pass through power socket (so you dont lose the use of a power socket).

Plug one into the socket that the router plugs into and then plug the router into the powerline to get power.

Connect an ethernet cable to the back of the router to the socket on the powerline.

Downstairs, plug the powerline into the TV power socket and plug the TV in.

Connect an ethernet cable between the TV and powerline.

This does away with any wifi problems all together.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 25

powerline adapter will help if it is a wifi problem but if the problem is the hub dropping internet connection causing the drop in wifi then powerlines will not solve the problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 25

Sorry, not had a chance to check this yet as I was only nipping in and out the last time I was there.

I will find this out soon and let you know.

Thanks

R

0 Ratings