Message 11 of 20

Re: WiFi fon using monthly allowance

OK thank you

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 20

Perhaps we could also have a definitive statement about the future of usage caps for existing customers. I keep asking but don't get an answer.

0 Ratings
MorgaineD
Expert
Message 13 of 20

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

>

figi wrote:

This is a link t

This the link to what has happened before on here back in 2014

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-from-BT/BT-FON-counting-towards-monthly-usage-allowance...

> That was some time ago now, and the issue was resolved.

Wow, what an appalling situation, I was cringing as I read it.  Poor people.

It was indeed resolved, but were those users compensated for their months of trauma and sheer waste of time communicating with an obstinate megacorp unable to conceive that their systems might be at fault?  It must have been horrible, and present from 2011 to 2014 before it was detected.  Thank goodness the moderator intervened and took up the user's cause.

What's more, consider that the system that incorrectly attributed FON bandwidth usage to the CPE's account is almost certain to be the same system that would have attributed criminal FON usage by 3rd parties on that CPE to the CPE owner's account as well ... with consequences too horrible to contemplate.

This was a terrible lesson.  These systems need to be more transparent and their operation open to inspection.  People sometimes make errors, it's inevitable.  Detailed evidence from instrumentation is required, not blind trust in the statements of an opaque provider.

0 Ratings
figi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 20

There must be others that have been affected at this time. 

0 Ratings
MorgaineD
Expert
Message 15 of 20

@licquorice wrote:

> Perhaps we could also have a definitive statement about the future of usage caps for existing customers. I keep asking but don't get an answer.

Seconded.

0 Ratings
feegee
Contributor
Message 16 of 20

Well, this is spookily odd as the OP and myself have similar forum names, lol.

But being serious, i have come on to mention the exact same problem after posting a few days ago about a problem with the usage monitor. Yet again it's all over the place, apparently the monitor was updated on the 23rd and i had used 7.3gb (i strongly dispute this) so i switched my hub off and i put it on today for all of 5 mins to check my usage and it says it was updated on the 23rd (again) but is now sitting at over 9 gb, so how can it do this ? I am sorry but someone really needs to get this sorted, my average usage is 5GB and i have been here before so please don't tell me the monitor is always right as i was told the last time by a moderator only to be contacted by BT a few months later to be told it was a mistake and woopie doo, they wouldn't charge me, well i should bl00dy think so !!!

I hope someone can look into this for me and the OP as this is just absolutely ridiculous that i can only come on to complain then need to switch the hub off again. 

PS. - i have taken screen shots almost every day of the monitor with all it's dates jumping back and forth if you need to see them.

0 Ratings
feegee
Contributor
Message 17 of 20

And Thirded @MorgaineD

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

Hi @figi and @feegee,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you both have. There are no major issues reported so I'd like to get both of your accounts looked into to find out what is happening. To get in touch, click on my user name and then on contact the mods. That'll bring up our contact form which you need to fill out. If you are using Mobile view, please change it to Full view or you won't be able to see my contact link.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
feegee
Contributor
Message 19 of 20

Thanks Daniel S. I am out & about at the moment using my mobile data for fear of the monitor adding more usage to my allowance but I will contact once I am home .
figi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 20

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@figi wrote:

The problem must've returned. I can't think of anything else it could be. 

Make sure that your home hub wireless SSID is not saved as a connection on your tablets wireless settings, otherwise it will default to that connection if it cannot connect to BT Wifi.

On your tablet, what do you get if you click on this link hubtest

Also, depending on which tablet you are using, it should be possible to see what IP address has been assigned to your connection, can you check this please.

Also, can you see your tablet connection showing up on the home hub manager?

only my pc that im presently on is showing and nothing else. no tablet

0 Ratings