cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

WiFi is acting very strange

Recently my smarthub 2 WiFi has been disconnecting me from my devices.  When I try to use my laptop, it randomly disconnects me from the WiFi even though the router is on and says it's functioning. It also happens to me on my phone when I'm trying to watch videos and it pauses for awhile and asks If I'm connected to the WiFi even though it says I am. It also happens on my playstation when I'm playing a match or watching YouTube or in a party it just randomly disconnects me. I know this isn't a problem with my devices as this only started to happen when I switched to the smarthub 2. Does anyone know how to deal with this?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: WiFi is acting very strange

Make sure you turn off "smart setup" on the Smarthub.

See link how to do that.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub--how-can-i-turn-it-on-and-off-

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@Book does it reconnect within a few seconds?   There are a few threads on that issue with Smart Hub 2

BT Smart Hub 2 + BT Disc on full fibre 150Meg Halo FTTP
Macs and iphones, plus alexa, YouView box, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV+
CFP project lead.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

I would try turning off wireless auto channel select and by using a WiFi analyser select fixed channels which are free or less congested

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

it takes a minute or more to reconnect
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

its not giving me the smart setup option instead it says restart the device
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@Book    The smart setup may be a feature removed in the latest Firmware update v33 I think.   

Smart channel switching will be found in the WiFi section. It will probably be set to Auto.  Just select a channel(s) that you know is not used by neighbours.  

Separately, if above has no benefits,  I would also try using Mode 2 rather than Mode 1. 

BT Smart Hub 2 + BT Disc on full fibre 150Meg Halo FTTP
Macs and iphones, plus alexa, YouView box, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV+
CFP project lead.
0 Ratings