cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LukasD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

WiFi password "incorrect", can not connect to Smarthub

Since last night it has become impossible to connect to WiFi on any device.  It keeps saying the password is wrong even though it isn't.  Resetting the router lets one or two devices temporarily connect again for a few minutes or hours and then goes back to saying the password is wrong.

I can connect via Ethernet just fine, it's only the WiFi that's screwed.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: WiFi password "incorrect", can not connect to Smarthub

did you try factory reset by pressing the recessed button on back and holding for 20/30 seconds until lights flash.

see if that clears problem  remember turn off smart setup and preferably split the 2.4/5ghz networks and password back to that shown on hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
matt_barwell
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Hi Lukas, I have exactly the same problem. Did you get this sorted? Thanks
0 Ratings
Black-Adam
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Same thing .

Smart Hub 2  , 1 Disc

had problems connecting  with Iphone 6 , Ipod Touch , and Ipad all saying 'Password not Recognised' when trying to connect to WIFI .

Understand on Smart Hub 2 you cannot split the SSID between 2.4 and 5 ghz .

Tried switching off 5 ghz , cnanged mode from 1 to 2 .

Then factory reset the Hub , discissnected the Disc .

Things started connecting again BUT I have an iMAC that is now located very clsoe to HUb but is now saying passpwrd not recognised !!!

Extremely annoying , and wife now questioning my decision to upgrade and recontract with BT Broadband !! 😞

0 Ratings
ascender
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Has anybody found a reliable solution to this yet?

I’ve had to do a factory reset of the SmartHub this morning following it being unable to connect to broadband. I’ve tried setting up new wireless networks, re-setting up using the old names but nothing’s working.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

if you did factory reset did you turn off smart setup?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ascender
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

I’ve no idea to be honest, I’d kind of lost the will to live after the time it took to speak to someone!

What difference would that make to things as they stand now if I’ve re-setup wireless networks from scratch?

0 Ratings
Black-Adam
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

I did a complete factory reset , switched off 5ghz , and did NOT change hub name or hub default password and it no reoccurence of password problem .However i fear changing the config in case it reoccurs

@ascenderwrote:

I’ve no idea to be honest, I’d kind of lost the will to live after the time it took to speak to someone!

What difference would that make to things as they stand now if I’ve re-setup wireless networks from scratch?

0 Ratings