cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 27

WiFi printing via BT Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

Hi all - a problem I am sure many have grappled with...

I have a new printer (Epson ET-2711) which I want to use via the WiFi so the kids can use for school work etc. 

I have never been able to connect my printers to the network (I have an Epson ET-2720 in my home office that I have connected locally). 

I believe the issue is that printers only work on 2.4MHz frequency, whereas BT Hubs default to 5.0MHz (and are thus unavailable for printers). 

So the question is, how do I adjust settings to make one of my hubs/discs available on the 2.4MHz frequency and therefore connectable to the printer(s). 

[Sub-question, though less important... if I am able to set one of the discs to 2.4MHz I recognise this will impact other devices - so wouldn't work for Xbox, SmartTVs etc. - have never found a way of 'pointing' specific devices to specific hubs/discs, is this possible?]. 

All of our devices run MS Windows 10. 

Thanks in advance - help desperately needed!! 

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27

Re: WiFi printing via BT Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

the hubs and disc broadcast both networks 2.4/5ghz and your 2.4ghz printer should connect 

if trying to conenct to hub then you can turn off the 5ghz network while you connect printer to 2.4ghz and after connected then switch 5ghz back on   that seems to work for most people

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 27

Go to solution

My HP Wi-Fi printer has to be set up initially by connecting via a USB lead.  Once connected the software says disconnect the lead - it then works from anywhere on my mesh system.  The printer is an HP OfficeJet 8100.  Perhaps others have the same procedure?

Message 4 of 27

Go to solution

Thanks so much imjolly - hate to ask further... but is there somewhere you are able to point me to that steps me through how to do this? 

Just want to ensure I don't screw anything up...! 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 27

Go to solution
Thanks gspearson. I did try to connect (to the WiFi) using a USB but it failed - again I suspect due to the frequency issue. Thank you for the quick response though, much appreciated!
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 27

Go to solution

go to hub manager 192.168.1.254 into broswer then enter password then advanced settings then wireless and turn off 5ghz  repeat to turn back on

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 27

Go to solution
Thanks imjolly!
Message 8 of 27

Go to solution
Message 9 of 27

Go to solution
Message 10 of 27

Go to solution

Good news - I switched to 2.4GHz and managed to set up the printer for two laptops...

Bad news - as soon as I switch back to 5.0GHz the printer cannot be found again!! 

So frustrating. 

Any ideas?

0 Ratings