cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

WiFi printing with SmartHub 2. My MacBook Pro doesn't connect with the printer.

Go to solution

Hi, this has probably been discussed already, but I couldn't find a solution yet.

My MacBook Pro connects with SmartHub2's 5Ghz frequency. My printer Epson SX 425W is connected to the 2.4Ghz frequency. WiFi is working well for both. The problem is that I no longer can print, since the Mac doesn't connect with the printer and I cannot switch frequency of my devices with the SmartHub 2. Does anyone know how to solve the problem? How can I temporarily connect the Mac to the 2.4Ghz frequency? I think the printer only work on 2.4Ghz, so I have no options where.

Thanks

Giuseppe

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: WiFi printing with SmartHub 2. My MacBook Pro doesn't connect with the printer.

Go to solution

You could try turning off the 5GHz on the Smarthub then connect your Mac to the 2.4GHz. Once connected turn the 5GHz back on. The Mac should then "remember" both and should be able to use the printer.

See this thread which show you how to do that.

Disabling 5Ghz on the Smart Hub 2 - BT Community

Message 3 of 7

Re: WiFi printing with SmartHub 2. My MacBook Pro doesn't connect with the printer.

Go to solution

Fantastic thanks. I’ll definitely try later today once all other devices on 5Ghz (tv, Apple TV, etc) will be disconnected. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Unfortunately it doesn't work. The printer is now connected to 2.4Ghz frequency. The Mac is now connected to the 2.4 Ghz frequency. But I get the following message when I try to connect the Mac to the printer

"An error occurred while trying to add the selected device.

successful-ok-ignored-or-substituted-attributes"

I've tried to reset the printer, to unselect the smart setup, to restart the Mac. Nothing.

Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @giusec I googled the error message and it appears to be related to an issue with the Epson printer drivers on AppleMac.

Have you downloaded the latest printer drivers from Epson? 

Thanks

Neil

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hey @neil thanks!!!

That was (part of) the problem. So... summarising

1) unselected 5Ghz and connected the Mac to 2.4Ghz

2) printer reset to factory default

3) printer latest drivers downloaded and installed

Now, it finally works! Thank you so much!!!

giusec

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @giusec  glad the help from @NeilO helped you get this sorted 🙂

cheers

John