cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

WiFi seems to not work on certain applications after around midnight

Sounds a bit weird that my wifi is not working for certain apps after around midnight it is fine for most as in youtube, tiktok etc. However when i try to use my Xbox, discord etc. The wifi will work but it wont and its hard to explain but for an app like discord when i use a VPN it is completely fine however i cant use a VPN on an Xbox any ideas?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: WiFi seems to not work on certain applications after around midnight

It sounds like parental controls have been enabled. If you're the account holder, you can disable them. If you're not the account holder and your parents are, I suggest you speak with them.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

No. I never once have set perental controls for my router i have checked and i dont think there is anything there. (I dont live with my parents ahah)

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

You need to check in your MyBT account online. BT Parental controls are web based not settings in the router.

2021-12-01 09_34_11-How to keep your family safe online with BT Parental Controls and the different .png

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@Subrect I said about checking with your parent's because of the amount of kids that ask the same question after their folks have blocked them from late night gaming 🤣

Check your parental controls through MyBT to make sure they're not active as that could be your reason. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Like i said i do not live with my parents ahah i play xbox casually and i use discord on my phone (one of the applications that dont work) my WiFi doea not entirely shut down i read somewhere online that it could be that certain ports have been blocked by my isp not gonna lie i dont know what that means but hopefully that helps i can play online games i can watch youtube i can go on the internet everything works apart from a select few things...

0 Ratings