cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomwalsh77
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Wifi Connection Issues (Fitbit Aria Scale)

In the last week or so my fitbit Aria scale has not been able to sync over WiFi. I see that there was recently a firmware update for the BT Smart Hub so could this be the reason? fitbit have sent me a new scale but that won't connect either.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
camelface69
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 15

Re: Wifi Connection Issues (Fitbit Aria Scale)

Hi.

If you've had the SG4B10002236 firmware update it seems to have caused quite a few Wi-Fi connecting/drop out issues. I'm suffering too so feel your pain. There are a number of other posts of a similar ilk... No comment from BT yet though.

Cheers
0 Ratings
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 15

@camelface69 wrote:
Hi.

If you've had the SG4B10002236 firmware update it seems to have caused quite a few Wi-Fi connecting/drop out issues. I'm suffering too so feel your pain. There are a number of other posts of a similar ilk... No comment from BT yet though.

Cheers

You may want to try this (it is in no way scientific!) but you will lose all the manual settings you may have made:

Disconnect everything from the hub (ethernet and DSL) leaving the power cable only. Then conduct factory reset by using a pin at the back of the hub and wait until the light goes Green. Then switch off the hub and wait for a few minutes (have a cup of tea).

Reconnect everything and switch on the hub and wait until Blue light, this may take up to 5 minutes.

After this process go into the hub manager and switch off Smart Set up and separate the wifi bands, the hub may also ask you to enter a new Wireless Passcode and will not accept the default.

Good luck.

0 Ratings
tomwalsh77
Contributor
Message 4 of 15

"Hi.

Cheers"

Is there anywhere where bugs can be reported or do we just hope for the best with BT?

0 Ratings
tomwalsh77
Contributor
Message 5 of 15

"You may want to try this (it is in no way scientific!) but you will lose all the manual settings you may have made:

Disconnect everything from the hub (ethernet and DSL) leaving the power cable only. Then conduct factory reset by using a pin at the back of the hub and wait until the light goes Green. Then switch off the hub and wait for a few minutes (have a cup of tea).

Reconnect everything and switch on the hub and wait until Blue light, this may take up to 5 minutes.

After this process go into the hub manager and switch off Smart Set up and separate the wifi bands, the hub may also ask you to enter a new Wireless Passcode and will not accept the default.

Good luck."

To be honest I don't want to do this if i can help it, it worked perfectly not so long ago and I didn't have seperate wifi bands then. I have so many devices and what not connected that it would be a massive ballache to reset everyone up with the new network id/passwords.

0 Ratings
CarlH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 15

I changed the default SSID and password on mine and have never really had a problem apart from loss of DSL signal causing the blue light but needs a reboot issue.

2236 also fine

Might be worth changing the wireless credentials
0 Ratings
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 15

@tomwalsh77 , I understand your concerns. I had the same problem as you with so many devices and so did a friend of mine but got fed up with the frustration of disconnections and when I carried out the process above on both hubs they are now stable and no disconnections. Both hubs have been like that for nearly 2 weeks and fingers crossed.

Like I said, this is not a scientific approach but it seemed to have worked for us.

0 Ratings
Tony-gbr
Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Had my software updated 31st October from the 22nd June and my fitbit scales are still syncing fine over WiFi. Really seems hit or miss for everyone on firmware releases.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
robmarkpalmer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

ARIA scales same problem, was all ok with HH6 until this latest firmware update ending 236.

I have tried all 3 modes, I have tried separating the bands, renaming the hub, factory reset of hub, I even changed the scales in Argos for a new set. Firmware version of scales was V39 and after reset and exchange at Argos has gone back to V37, both versions dont work with the last BT update.

I called Fitbit and they told me to contact BT and ask them if their hub is compatible with the 802.11b protocol? According to tech steps of router it is but no way to change any settings of device.

When I have trtied to get ARIA connected, it shows the mac address but it shows not connected. I go to device settings and it shows as static when it needs to be DHCP. I change it to DHCP but it says it needs an ip address, unfortunately I cannot manually change and add an ip address which is a bit frustrating and restrictive.

Any one else have any ideas or am I going to have to refund?

Thanks

Rob

0 Ratings
daxtell
Beginner
Message 10 of 15

Having suffered the same issue – I’ve done a few more simple checks

Works over a MiFi unit (Huawei) and working on a Devolo Wifi Power line – connected to the BT Smart Hub for network (IP address etc.) – obviously not ideal - nor a solution.

So would appear to be an issue with the smart hubs latest firmware implementation of Wifi.  As the Aria has such little interface not sure how much more can be added from that side.  One for the Smarthub to figure out if there is a setting that needs to be changed to allow it to connect again.

0 Ratings