cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Wifi Cuts out Several Times Each Day

I am a BT Fibre customer and my home wifi cuts out several times each day. When I was watching STV player on my TV, the wifi cut out quite a few times when no other devices at home were using wifi. The same issue occurs when I am in the middle of Microsoft Teams meetings, the wifi sometimes just disconnects from my laptop mid-meeting and I have to manually reconnect.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Wifi Cuts out Several Times Each Day

which hub version do you have?

have you tried using a wifi analyser on your phone and finding best/least congested channels and then manually select these channels in your hub?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Wifi Cuts out Several Times Each Day

@XK2020 

Various possibilities:-

Automatic wifi channel selection is switched on & it's changing channels, if so use an analyser to find the least used channel(s). inSSider will work on a windows PC .

Smart setup is switched on which might do the same , if so switch it off.

Faulty device.

Also unless you have a SmartHub 2 then splitting the 2.4 & 5ghz SSID names is well worthwhile doing.