cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cloggy1641
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Wifi Disc pairing problem

Initially when I received the 'Smart Hub 2' and 'Wi-Fi Disk' everything set up with ease. However the 'Wi-Fi Disk' disconnected from the network at some point (Nothing has changed from the initial set up, nothing moved, added or changed) and now will not reconnect. I have tried resetting the Disk and starting afresh by connecting directly to the hub using an ethernet cable and the disk responds by turning on a solid blue light after a couple of minutes however when I disconnect the ethernet cable the light turns red and flashes no matter how long I wait.  I have gone through the set up procedure multiple times with the same end results.  Help Please

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Wifi Disc pairing problem

@Cloggy1641 

You do not connect it to the home hub.

You should have received an install guide with your new smart hub 2 and black disc.

Instructions are in there, including detail for downloading the correct MyBT app, and how to install your disc (it doesn't need to be connected to the hub).
Perhaps you are using the wrong app?.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@Cloggy1641wrote:

Initially when I received the 'Smart Hub 2' and 'Wi-Fi Disk' everything set up with ease. However the 'Wi-Fi Disk' disconnected from the network at some point (Nothing has changed from the initial set up, nothing moved, added or changed) and now will not reconnect. I have tried resetting the Disk and starting afresh by connecting directly to the hub using an ethernet cable and the disk responds by turning on a solid blue light after a couple of minutes however when I disconnect the ethernet cable the light turns red and flashes no matter how long I wait.  I have gone through the set up procedure multiple times with the same end results.  Help Please

Hi @Cloggy1641   Have you tried factory resetting both SH2 and Disc using the reset hole in the back of both. Then setting up the whole system as new. Remember to apply any changes like switching off smart setup.

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

I haven't read it all but  this thread seems to suggest that a factory reset of the SH2 is required

0 Ratings
Cloggy1641
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Hi, yes have tried a factory reset on both. Since posting the problem, I have spoken to BT, a very helpful chap feels that the disc is faulty and they are sending a replacemet.  Keeping fingers crossed.