Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
CarolineDee
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Wifi Network Name

I recently got a few google home products and have set them up fine but because I have a BT wifi extender (610) for the parts of the flat that the BT home hub doesn't reach they don't register as being part of the same home network. I followed instructions on how to change the ssid of the wifi extension but it's not registering as the same network. Any ideas? I'm happy to get a different extender if it's likely to just transfer the same network name. 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
lnajr02
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 2

Re: Wifi Network Name

If you can keep the extenders name with the “extn” if possible, the google product will try to connect to the Wi-Fi SSID that replies first. So if you have made the Extender Wi-Fi the same as the HUB’s / Router it could be holding on to the original Wi-Fi. (This could be very week and slow)
Try setting up the google device near the Extender 610
If you are still having a problem, try this workaround:
Set up the Extender and then connect the Extender to the HUB using the Ethernet port and turn off the Wi-Fi on the HUB, then set up the google device, forcing it to connect to the extender, then you can reposition both and then turn on the Hubs Wi-Fi again.
What Google Home product / device are you trying to connect?
0 Ratings