Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iggy23
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Wifi Nurfed with latest firmware?

Hi

For the last year, I've been running 1 desktop, 2 laptops and 2 phones off my homehub (oh and a Wii). No problems whatsoever. Until two days ago.

My wired desktop connects fine, full speed, but all the devices that connect via wifi are at like 6kps. I've tried resetting the  hub and the modem, changing channels, everything, but the bandwidth is rubbish. On my laptop I can't even view web-pages, I get "timed out" on everything. (The connection is fine, full bars signal on the laptop, just no throughput). For example, in settings, I notice it says 

Connection type:Wireless
Connection speed:0 Mbps

for my laptop. Wtf?

Going into hub settings, I notice a new firmware has been added. Is this the reason for the rubbish wifi bps? (As I said, Desktop tests fine at 41meg).

Anyone got any ideas, or have experienced similar? The firmware is Version 4.7.5.1.83.8.94.1.11 (Type A)

Thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Words
Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: Wifi Nurfed with latest firmware?

I've just noticed I've had the upgrade today. Wifi connections seem fine, but I now also have BTWifi enabled when it wasn't before. Are you sure you're connecting to your hub-proper rather than BTWifi/Fon? 

0 Ratings