Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Donsky
Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Wifi dropping out randomly.

Go to solution

Evening all, I have a HH5 and BT Infinity, ever since I've had the HH5 (around 4 years) the wifi has dropped out occasionally and I've just put up with it BUT lately it's happening more often. I haven't changed anything lately sure not quite sure why it's happening.

Regards.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Wifi dropping out randomly.

Go to solution

Possibly your neighbors have router set to same channel as you. Have you split the 2.4/5ghz networks and added a 5 to the 5ghz network?  Have you tried changing the wifi channel?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Donsky
Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply, channel selection is set to automatic and there are some phones/tablets on 2.4 and 5.0ghz. Not quite understanding the "added a 5 to the 5th network.

Regards.

0 Ratings
Donsky
Contributor
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

Should read 5ghz not 5th.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

If you split the networks on hh5 then both get same SSID so to identify which network is which you just add a 5 to the 5ghz SSID

I would check what channels your neighbours are using and try and select a channel manually

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Donsky
Contributor
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

I've changed channel from atomatic to channel 6, no problems so far but it is very random.

Regards.

0 Ratings
Donsky
Contributor
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution
I thought I'd resurrect this thread as the "dropout" is now happening more frequently. Have now discovered that it's the broadband that drops not the wi-fi, my PC is connected to the hub via Ethernet cable and the hub has tripped out a couple of times over the past 3 days, hadn't noticed it was a broadband problem before as I was never on the PC when it happened. Do you think it's a hub problem??
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

It could be either noise on the line, or a hub problem.

Do the lights change colour on the home hub when you get the disconnects?

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
Donsky
Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution
Yes lights do change on the hub, it goes through the usual green, orange and blue sequence. Will try the noise option.
0 Ratings
Donsky
Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

Just tried the "quiet line" test and there is very very slight noise, nothing bad though.

0 Ratings