cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Wifi dropping out

My computer is connected on a ethernet -> wifi disk connection. if i perform a speed test in browser, i get around 50mbps down. watching youtube/netflix i have no issue and same when downloading files. however whenever i play any sort of game, my wifi almost totally drops out, at most usually it only draws 50kbps, which for a game like fifa or warzone is incredibily painful, however more recently ive noticed the same issue as ive started to use microsoft teams for school lessons, which makes understanding what my teachers are saying very stressful. Ive already reinstalled windows, and reset all network setting on my computer in the hope that would fix it, with no joy.

Any suggestions are more than welcome 

Josh x

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Wifi dropping out

What's a ethernet > WiFi disk connection??? Are you connecting to the Hub via Ethernet or WiFi? 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

im connected via ethernet to a bt wifi disk, which is connected to the bt hub itself
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7

Is it the black or white disc and what colour is the LED on the disc when the problem is exhibited

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

black disk, and the light remains blue at all times
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Open a command prompt window, type ipconfig /release, then Enter. Type in ipconfig /renew, then Enter. Restart the computer.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

ive tried this and nothing has changed unfortunetly
0 Ratings